Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The new LIFE!

'My longings'


Steps are light weighted,
like I know that flowers of dust will get hurt,
and my longing is so much,
that I wish I could keep up pace,
with moving hands of running hours,

I take out some time,
to think of what is in my heart,
and some questions answers themselves,
as I live through them,
bit by bit, hour by hour...

Is it me who dreams to be somebody?
Or is it me looking through window of hope?
wishing all day and night long,
that the ONE who gives,
would give me my part,

Is it my heart that beats to love,
or is it my patience that is tested against my wishes,
I shall not come to know,
until the right time strikes the chord with HIS heart,
only to coincide with my prayers,

Whatever happens, it is just 
a matter of these times,
as these days will be some memories,
and my longings will pin them to my life,

and I hope, one day,
when patience will no longer be needed,
I would kiss love to my dreams,
I would hold hand of my new life,
under the bright sun,
I would still run, with 
light weighted steps,
to keep pace, to stay along 
and young with her,
with my new life...

Gaurav Saluja
(a.k.a GAURU)

6 comments:

vivea said...

beautiful lines
ray of hope
positivity
made me speechless......

A bit of me and my writings said...

Thanks VIV!

Uma said...

Amazing....I luv these LIGHT WEIGHTED STEPS :)

A bit of me and my writings said...

Thank you UMA...this is your first comment, keep posting more!

Thanks :)

Gaurav

Manmohan Singh said...

good poem brother i read it and it felt like you were reciting it on a podium, to a gathering. good

A bit of me and my writings said...

:) Thank you Manmohan.