Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Insomniac

''I kept finding that rest,
which lies behind my closed eyes,

the one which I have long lost,
and since then, it is all in my tries,

it feels as if I am cursed,
of being sleepless, being insomniac,


as I believe my soul has a longing,
to burn and find its peace,
in pain and scorching heat of this life,

I kept finding that touch,
which could lull me to sleep, all night,
perhaps, it was the missing love,
or agony of being a wanderer for dreams,

still, I tried to catch sleep, 
but all my efforts were futile,
and I tried harder to not be my inner self this night,
the insomniac...''

Gaurav Saluja
(a.k.a GAURU)

2 comments:

: said...

NICE WRITE ANYWAY, GETTING PUBLISHED?

A bit of me and my writings said...

I am not in a hurry brother...will take my time to improve and be more refined :)