Saturday, July 2, 2011

Soulful Song

I sat on bed soaked in rain water. My friend said that he would join me in a minute and went downstairs. His footsteps were so heavy against stairs that I could feel their beating alike my pounding heart.

My friend has a big house and windows at his place are bigger. My hair was wet and my clothes had hint of water on them. It felt good to be have rain water on my skin. It was still raining out.

I stood up and opened the window to smell wet mud. There are some things which are forever young as your beloved in your heart. Wet mud and rain share that heart-beloved bonding.

As soon as the fragrance of wet mud entered my nostrils, I closed my eyes and in the background I heard a song played by my friend. The song was an old one: "Tujhko pukare mera pyar...aja mai to mita hoon teri yaad mein..." My friend is a music freak and especially for music which has pain dipped in it. He says that this kind of music touches his soul.

I listened carefully to the lyrics of the song. My friend said that he had some more songs queued up and all of them were oldies with soulful lyrics. We sat down and he was singing along with the songs. I looked at him and gave him a smile for his efforts to be a good singer.

For some time, I closed my eyes again and sat down there near the window. When I opened my eyes, I looked out of window and in no time I found myself singing along..."Kitne janam ki pyas mita di maine yaad mein terrri...tujhko pukare mera pyaar..."

I guess the song touched my soul or it was there inside me, just my voice put life to it.

Gaurav Saluja


1 comment:

Isha Bhatia said...

Adorable words & I'm not wrong if I say dat ur feelings & ur eloquent wrtng hav aded a new lyf to dis post.
Go on dost... (: