Thursday, June 23, 2011

A letter to my dear friend


Dear friend,

I am glad to intimate you about monsoon in my city. Summer had soaked my life-sap in these last days, but I am feeling fine after this afternoon shower.

This afternoon, weather was quite good. I went up to terrace to adore view from my artistic eye. I clicked some photographs and then sat down near stairs. By that time a raw drizzling rain had started. I tried to keep myself safe from water and thought of enjoying the rain from dry place, with a dry body. Then, I experienced a different experience. It is funny that things you have lived and never kept in memory, just left a pointer to those things would come to your mind at these odd times, when you are in contact with nature. I had your words in my mind, “I like rainy season, but somewhere I feel that rain is like someone is sad above and is weeping for his loss.” I never believed those words of yours. Even I asked if you were kidding with me.


Then, suddenly I got up and went under the open pouring sky, leaving behind my dry comfort. I walked on my terrace for some time and then sat down in a corner of the terrace. I looked up at sky, there was a loud noise of roaring of clouds. The sky expressed it violent emotion through lightening. 

I sat there for some more time till rain slowed down and thought, ‘Maybe I was right that you were kidding with me for what you feel about rain. But now It seems that somewhere someone is weeo=ping and sky is under that emotion. You were right, that sky weeps sometimes. And I wished I could tell you that I terribly miss you.’ I cleared a tear rolling down my cheek.

Yours loving
Gauru

3 comments:

dinesh bhatia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isha Bhatia said...

Gaurav,
this is a lovely letter & scmaltzy indeed...
It's so realistic that one can feel a sweet pain inside this writing.... :)
God wil definitely deliver ur true emotions to ur frend somday, Trust "HIM". :))
:Isha

Isha said...

Gaurav,
this is a lovely letter & scmaltzy indeed...
It's so realistic that one can feel a sweet pain inside this writing.... :)
God wil definitely deliver ur true emotions to ur frend somday, Trust "HIM". :))
:Isha