Wednesday, June 23, 2010

i did 'NOTHING'


When do we know that our time is wasted? If this is asked from many of us then, a common answer will be inclusive of similar words. These words would undoubtedly head to a word 'Nothing'. Yes we have known this fact. We slay our time when we do 'nothing'.


Today I did NOTHING. I had to prepare for my exams. My mind was generating pulses of tension. I was a bit tensed. But I watched a movie that was to be watched from a long-long time. I was there watching that movie(in that moment). But some one in my
mind was constantly echoing with loud distracting words: “Aren’t you wasting your time?"

I tried to nudge the thought out of mind. I tried harder and harder. But the thought persisted. I ate my favorite food, had a bike ride, strayed in streets. I just did 'Nothing'.

At last I sat quiet in my room, closed my eyes and various thought tried to capture my mind. I maintained calm. As sometimes things get worst and there is no law which can help you in redemption. This time I wanted to do nothing. If I had been a nerd, I could have stopped doing my 'nothing'.


Inside my heart I knew that the one who made laws and who said that doing nothing was a time-wastage was someone who himself wasted it. I believe that I am master of my fate and I can choose to do anything with my time. I don't want to follow the rules made by that one person who said by himself and we follow it. I revere his efforts but I want to lay down my own laws to live this life.

Tomorrow morning I will wake up with a bit of guilt. As this nothing would cost me a bit of heartache. Still I will get up and will start doing something. My lesson of NOTHING is earned.


Gaurav

4 comments:

Raj. said...

gud one bro.....its very true......

Rohit Agarwal said...

Hi
So finally your 'Doing everything but studying' is coming out under a tag 'I did nothing'. This is true we do everything other than study(lol) and then in the end we sleep saying, I did Nothing but will do tomorrow.
Nice one!

A bit of me and my writings said...

Thanks Rohit and Raj.

Unknown said...

oh! this is what we were discussing on phone that day.........n this is what i do everyday..."NOTHING"...
well! i liked it n according 2 me this is the best one so far.........
just keep writing like this..